Healthy Sweet Treats
If you’ve never had Hu Kitchen’s dark chocolate gems, you are in for a TREAT without the guilt or symptoms of sugar overload.
These chocolate gems have no natural flavors and are made with three simple ingredients. Create a few healthy sweet treats for Galentine’s / Valentine’s Day, for you and those you love!
These snacks make a healthier substitute for the usual chocolate and candy favorites.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Covered Treats
INGREDIENTS & SUPPLIES
- Treats: Strawberries, Bananas, Pretzels, Raspberries, etc.
- One bag of HU Gems
- 1 tbsp Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wax Paper
- Tray (Heart-Shaped for Valentine’s Day)
- Measuring Cup
- Pre-wash the fruit and dry it completely.
- Measure 1 cup of HU Gems and pour into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add 1 tbsp of EVOO per 1 cup of HU Gems (based on how much chocolate you want to use).
- Melt chocolate on low, stirring often until completely melted.
- Lay out your wax paper on your tray.
- Once melted, turn off the burner and dip fruit (or your choice of food) into the chocolate, covering it to your liking, and set it on wax paper to set and cool.
- Move the tray to the refrigerator for the chocolate to solidify and harden; they’re usually ready within an hour.
- Snack & ENJOY within 1-2 days to ensure freshness.
HU Kitchen’s Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
PREPARE ONE DAY BEFORE SERVING
It’s super easy to make and 100% worth it! Give yourself approximately 1 – 2 hours for prep/baking (some of that time is necessary for ingredients to cool before the next step). Prepare one day in advance of serving. The sandwiches need to be frozen overnight.
150g Hu Gems
1/2 cup (80g) coconut sugar
2 tbsp (10g) cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup (40g) almond flour
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup (60g) non-dairy milk, warmed
1 cup (120g) raw cashews, soaked at least 8 hours
3/4 cup (180g) full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pound strawberries, sliced stems removed
2 tbsp coconut sugar
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
First, melt the Hu Gems in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Once melted, reduce heat to low and mix in coconut sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt.
Whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
Add the melted chocolate mixture and warmed milk to the dry ingredients. Mix to form a thick but pourable batter.
Transfer to a square baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350ºF.
Next up: Strawberries
Arrange your sliced strawberries on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with coconut sugar and toss to coat. Roast for about 30 minutes at 350ºF until soft and very juicy.
While all that is baking, blend the soaked and drained cashews with coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and place in the freezer to thicken, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
Remove brownies from the pan (they should be skinny), and allow them to cool completely before slicing into two halves.
Add roasted strawberries to the ice cream mixture (don’t add too much juice; it will make the ice cream icy).
Once the brownies are cool, line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and place half of the brownie in the bottom. Top with swirly strawberry ice cream (make sure the ice cream is thick; the brownie will sink in if it’s too thin and watery), and add the other half.
Freeze overnight, slice with a large chef’s knife, and enjoy!
Chocolate-Covered Popcorn with HU Gems
- One bag of Lesser Evil Popcorn
- One bag of Hu Kitchen’s dark chocolate gems
- 1 tbsp of Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Spread popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Add chocolate to a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add 1 tbsp of EVOO to a saucepan before melting the chocolate.
- Slowly heat and melt the chocolate on low for 20-30 seconds before stirring. Then, stir every 10-15 seconds until the chocolate is smooth and silky.
- Use a fork to drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Set aside to dry and harden.
- Serve & Enjoy! It can be stored in an air-tight container on the counter for up to one week.
Would you like my audience to know about YOUR healthy product, service, or destination? Let’s explore a brand partnership together.
Download a copy of my media kit:
AFFILIATE / THIRD-PARTY LINKS DISCLOSURE AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER
Wholistic Wanders may partner with other businesses or become part of different affiliate marketing programs whose products or services may be promoted or advertised on the website in exchange for commissions and/or financial rewards when you click and/or purchase those products or services through our affiliate links. We will receive a commission if you purchase through our affiliate link at no extra cost.
We may also recommend other products, services, coaches, and consultants, but no such reference is intended to be an endorsement or statement that such information provided is accurate. We recommend these based on our personal experiences, but it is still your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence to ensure you have obtained complete, accurate information about such products, services, coaches, and consultants.
These affiliate or third-party relationships in no way compromise the integrity of the content, information, services, and materials being presented to you here, and you are under no obligation to click on these affiliate links to purchase those products or services being offered. These affiliate programs are selected based on personal experiences, preferences, and brand partnership agreements. View the full disclaimer here.